Dear Possum:

The Ezra Pound list is at: [log in to unmask]
Send the message "subscribe EPOUND-L"

Yrs, Rabbit.

Date:         Tue, 21 Nov 1995 18:01:10 -0600 (CST)
Sender:       "T. S. Eliot Discussion forum." <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Joseph G Middleton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Eliot's Fr.poems

about Eliot's french poems, you might want to read
Donald Hall's interview (for the Paris Review).
This isn't a source of translations or a *scholarly
treatment* but I do recall that Eliot mentions these
poems specifically, and talks about his motivations
for writing them.  I think he was out to prove something
to himself about his poetic abilities if I remember
the interview correctly.
   I'm not certain which year or issue of the Paris
Review it iss in, but I believe
somewhere around summer of '69 would be about right.
Hope this is at least interesting if not helpful.

Joe Middleton