Great photos, Dan! Not easy to get, I’m sure. Your photos reminded me of a special experience Dan and I had on a birding trip in Costa Rica in 2012 with Susan Eaton, Mike Thelen, Alberto Galofre and Bob Pitzer. It was a night birding trip and a slow, bumpy ride on dirt roads to a site where we could see the Great Potoo. We arrived around midnight, I think.  We got out of the tour bus and lined up to look through our guide’s scope at this well camouflaged goatsucker, sitting on a tall light post. My turn came. I focused on the bird just as it opened its huge mouth, lined with cotton candy pink, shimmering skin and moths flew right into it! Unforgettable!

https://ebird.org/species/grepot1

Good birding fun to everyone,
Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO