Dianne and I made a short visit to Swan Lake Refuge this afternoon. I found three SHCR on the far north side of Swan Lake Marsh. Lots of unidentifiable Ducks there too, due to distance and heat distortion. Still many Great Egrets - 300+, White Pelicans - 400+, and many Great Blue Herons as well. Several Bald Eagles and bunch of Turkey Vultures at the south outlet of the marsh where low water has created a big fish kill. Several Pied-billed Grebes on Silver Lake, plus a few Ring-billed Gulls, and Caspian Terns.

Later,
Steve Kinder