I took the birder's direct route home from a previous commitment yesterdav
evening, stopping at Busch Conservation Area to listen for American
Woodcock. I didn't arrive until after 8:30, so I was quite delighted to
hear them so late in the evening. The first four birds were displaying in
the field with the Prairie Trail sign. I heard two more about 1.5 miles
west of there, and two more near Lake 7.

Diane Bricmont
STL CO