I observed my First Killdeer of the year at Swan Lake today. Right on time, so they will be showing up all over soon. Also there today were Great Blue Heron, Rusty Blackbirds, and a Beautiful male Spotted Towhee. Saw several dozen Trumpeter Swans, but no large number of Ducks and Geese, but very little open water yet. Things will be changing fast now though!
  Interior of Refuge scheduled to reopen on March 6th. Forgot to mention earlier that the new Eagle nest is no longer. I could see broken branches on the tree where it was. I think it was too heavy for where they built it. Too bad. there are other nests on the refuge, but this one was easier to view.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.