Hey Sebastian and Edge,

Charley Burwick, I, and Brian Nelson who arrived after noon today to meet Paul McKenzie were not able to enter areas formerly open. Paul spoke with employees who confirmed the details. My hope is the person understands the error, admits to MU’s Beef Teaching Farm personnel that his/her behavior does not reflect all birders, then ask for MU's reconsideration about limiting birders going forward.

Lisa

On Feb 25, 2021, at 20:05 PM, Sebastian Patti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.
As a judge, I learned many years ago to hear "both sides of the story" before passing judgment.  The situation is SO egregious as you relate it, Edge, that I think that the person should self-identify and provide the Missouri birding community with his/her side of the story.  Only fair.  My two cents.

Sebastian T. Patti
770 S. Grand Avenue
Unit 3088
Los Angeles, CA 90017
CELL: 773/304-7488

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Media.com <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Bad news due to BAD BIRDER BEHAVIOR

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.
Mobirders,

I am most sorry to relay that birders have been banned from the University of Missouri Beef Research Teaching Farm.  DO NOT ENTER the farm.

This change in policy is due to one birder who blocked the road within the property so that workers at the farm could not move equipment and do their jobs.  The birder even refused to move when requested to do so.

One selfish, inconsiderate birder has reduced opportunity for us all, and has provided reason for birders to be banned from this site and perhaps others.

With regret (and probably a good thing I don't know who this was) as this has been one of my regular birding sites,

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

Archives / Subscription options / MBS Website / Email the list owners

Archives / Subscription options / MBS Website / Email the list owners

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

Lisa Berger