Good morning all,

Due to the pandemic, my program last year for the Fall meeting of the Missouri Birding Society was cancelled. Recently, a program I presented to St. Louis and St. Charles Wild Ones was recorded and I thought some may be interested in viewing it. Think of it as a ‘fireside chat’ about the connections between native plants, native insects and native birds. Eighty species of the 153 species of birds documented in our Shady Oaks Sanctuary are featured in this program.

"Why Our Gardens Are Vital to the Conservation of Our Native Birds"

https://youtu.be/pX5Vaw_2UZU

I’d be happy to send the PDF of Resources or the Bubbler Maintenance Guide mentioned, just email me.

Also, last July, Mitch Leachman of the St. Louis Audubon Society taped a tour of our Shady Oaks Sanctuary in lieu of the 2020 Native Plant Tour that was cancelled.

Here's the link to the Youtube posting:

https://youtu.be/jjoyqnAXCXY

Winter is a good time for new thoughts and ideas as we await Spring!

Good birding to all,

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO
https://hummerhavenunltd.com