From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of catherine paris <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Roadrunner saved from Wile E. Coyote!

Currently residing in my garage.

I'd love to hear from rehabilitators familier with this specie.

Where are all the mice when you need them?

Should I offer deer meat? Cooked? Freezed dried liver treats?

Part of the reason I live in this neck of the woods is its designation as an "evolutionary island". We have species that are more likely found much farther south. Tarantulas, scorpions, certain snakes and of course roadrunners which eat all of the above. We even have special butterfly species and some glorious wildflowers.

My property hosts all of the above since it's considered a Glade. Let me rephrase. All of the above specie allow me to live within their community.

Gratefully,

Catherine Paris
Ozark County