My experience has been when conditions get really harsh there is an increase in Birds coming to the feeders, and as soon as it improves the numbers go down. So I was not to surprised when I had a lot fewer birds in the yard today. Even though it was very cold, it was sunny with much diminished wind. I will be curious to see if numbers go back up tomorrow if we get the Snow that is predicted. I don't doubt that some may have perished the last few days, and some may have went elsewhere, but generally many come back when they need to. I have had a real decrease in Mourning Doves during this period though, so I think they have moved on. Glad the worst is over, for now anyway. Ice is the worst, so hope we don't get much more of that this Winter.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.