I don't know the trails, My friend and I had only about an hour and a half in there on the way back from Key West and I wasn't doing the driving, 16 or so years ago. BUT be on the lookout for the white morph of the Great Blue Heron (Great White Heron) and the Swallow Tailed Kite, both of which we found, And yes, my friend said when she went there before the mosquitoes carried them out of the woods.

Jane Frazier
Everglades weather not here