And sideline heaters! All the feeding birds have iced over tails but seem
to have no problems. Maybe fender benders.

For those of you wondering how a hearty little Carolina wren attempts to
survive, I've a cute pic of a wren hunkered in a partial mud nest built by
a phoebe last summer.
A REMARKABLE contortion plus a well chosen inside corner out of the rain.
They are so adaptable. Probably even knows the dryer sends hot air into
that eave.

My dad had a small wood pile in his garage. One summer a wren pair had
young in that wood pile. Since my dad was a creature of habit, they just
waited for the garage door to go up.

I have a cute pic of my neighbors mailbox with a hungry brood popping up
when the door was pulled open.

For the longest time I assumed when the wren was first up to the sunflower
feeder it was searching for worms and insects. Turns out it also grabs the
husked seeds.

email if you'd enjoy the pics

Catherine Paris
Ozark County