Dianne and I drove down to Grand Pass CA this morning to look for the SHCR that had been reported there. We easily found them just north of the Observation tower on the SE side of the area. This is same location they had been reported from before. I counted 20 birds in the flock. There was also a flock of several thousand Snow Geese, some Canada Geese, and a small number of Ducks in that area. We drove through the rest of the area that is open this time of year and observed 3 or 4 Northern Harriers, and 20+ Bald Eagles. Nice little outing.

Later,
Steve Kinder