7 birders birded Runge Nature Center (Jefferson City) this afternoon and most of the finds were the usual winter birds except for a couple of visits from the Runge turkeys and a soaring Eagle. But when we got to Binder Lake there was a bit of winter magic there with the cold winds off the lake.  We had 3 Eagles with at least one soaring near us, at least 20 Ring Billed Gulls flying around, several Goldeneye, a couple of Gadwall, a raft of Mallards, a raft of Green Winged Teal and 3 Bonaparte's Gulls. A sad scene was that the resident Greater White Fronted Goose appears to have a very injured leg.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City