There were at least 30 black vultures BLVU
on a deer road kill this last Saturday, the 29th.
It was here in Jasper County, just east of
Joplin.  I was able to check them for turkey
vultures, but all were BLVU.  They have made
a remarkable range expansion in our 30 years
here in Joplin, MO.
Good birding to all in the new year,
Larry,
Lawrence Herbert   [log in to unmask]