Two days ago on the Mingo CBC, Steve Dilks reported a small loon at Lake Wappapello. He was unable to get a good enough look to confirm the species. I've gotten other information that it might be a Red-throated Loon. In any event, it needs to be confirmed. I can't go today, and tomorrow is the Big Oak Tree State Park CBC. So, if anyone is in the area, it's something worth checking out. It was in the main part of the lake near the dam, and that is in Wayne County.
----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau