From: "Kendell R Loyd" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MOBIRDS-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2020 12:05:16 PM
Subject: NO SIGHTING—Congratulations David!

I would like to be the first to congratulate David Haenni for the amazing accomplishment of breaking the previous Missouri Big Year record today, when he saw his 325th species of the year!

A Big Year is a huge undertaking that requires stamina, determination, a knowledge and understanding of birds, a little luck, and—maybe most importantly—a community of birders willing to offer their support. Completing a Big Year is amazing in its own right, but reaching such a lofty species count is truly extraordinary!

Congratulations David, the new MO Big Year record holder!!! And a thank you to this great birding community that we are all a part of!

Kendell Loyd
Springfield, MO