Single individual feeding on white millet spread on deck rail.

Yesterday I observed a flock of male yellow rumps feeding and hawking for insects in the warmth.

One lone male junco spent a full ten minutes searching a black walnut for insects? The rest of the flock was ground feeding. A first for me.

Catherine Paris