Columbia birders turned out in good numbers (but in small groups) for our covid-conscious Christmas Bird Count yesterday, December 19, 2020.

As of early this morning, at least 40 group leaders had shared 110 eBird checklists, with a preliminary total of  91 species.

Some notable species (and high counts)  were Mute Swan, Greater Scaup, Virginia Rail (7), American White Pelican, Black Vulture (3), Eastern Screech-Owl, Short-eared Owl (6), Northern Shrike, Marsh Wren, Lapland Longspur, Lincoln’s Sparrow, Western Meadowlark.

--
John Besser
Columbia MO