This morning Tom Parmeter, John Nash, and I had the continuing Western Grebe on Ellis Bay as well as a Red-necked Grebe, also on Ellis but farther west, roughly across from the Audubon Center, hugging the shore of Ellis Island. We watched it early from the first parking lot beyond the Center (but before the pit toilets) and then later from behind the Center. These made four species of grebe for the day, with Horned and Pied-billed, in addition to 20 species of waterfowl.

Other enjoyable finds were Ross's Geese on Teal Pond among the White-fronts, lots of Tundra Swans in addition to Trumpeters, Franklin's Gulls, Black-crowned Night-Herons, Western Meadowlark, and Rusty Blackbirds, plus good numbers of sparrows. Complete list on eBird.

Bill Rowe

St. Louis