This morning I went out to the hay field again at the edge of town. I went to release an Opossum I had caught in a live trap in the backyard. Had to look around a little while I was out there,  so walked down the hill. Saw a House Wren at the "Magic" clump of Goldenrod part way down. Next a Swamp Sparrow and then an immature LeConte's Sparrow appeared. Last was a Marsh Wren that flew in.The little LESP was by far the most curious, giving good looks and photo ops. I see where a couple of other people reported LESP today also, so more should be showing up around the area.
  Not near as many other Wrens observed today and the big brush pile was dominated by four Blue Jays. I did coax out a nice Lincoln's Sparrow and later a silent? Carolina Wren. Plenty of Cedar Waxwings still moving all around the area, sometimes mixed with Blue Jays, Robins, and Yellow-rumped Warblers. A few Eastern Meadowlarks doing a more subdued song than earlier in the year. Lots of Chimney Swifts feeding over the Lake. Nice little October outing!

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe

MBS Fall Meeting: Sep 25 - Oct 10, 2020 Statewide Details and Online Registration