Dark skies yesterday morning at Van Meter State Park hampered our IDs of a flock of at least 15 confusing fall warblers Betty Richey and I ran into, but we did manage to ID Black and White, Black Throated Green, Bay Breasted, and Palm.  When the skies cleared in the morning, most of the birds had gone.
The trip from Arrow Rock to Van Meter was quite the challenge, with a bridge under construction and then another detour to get to the park. At Arrow Rock we had Yellow Rumps, possible Yellow, and we both got a good look at a low Nashville. Also 2 flocks of cedar waxwings. Flickers and Blue Jays seemed everywhere, We had 6 if not 7 species of Woodpecker, with Red Headed being the only one in question, but we think we had it.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City

MBS Fall Meeting: Sep 25 - Oct 10, 2020 Statewide Details and Online Registration