All,

First, I would like to thank everyone who has already signed up for Missouri Birding Society's 2020 Fall Meeting; it looks like this virtual event is going to be very successful. There is no limit to the number of people who can attend this free virtual meeting on Zoom, but the field trips are limited due to the caps we implemented as a COVID-19 precaution. Currently, none of the field trips are completely filled up, but a few of them only have 1-2 openings remaining. Because you have been actively involved with MBS, or at least the MOBIRDS list-serve we have given you a little over two weeks of opportunities to sign up for field trips prior to advertising on some of the external hubs (Facebook, word-of-mouth, etc.). Because we want to get new birders involved with MBS we posted the fall meeting information to the Missouri Birding Society's Facebook page yesterday and are already seeing new members and registrations corresponding to that post. We will give everyone until the end of the day tomorrow, 9/21/2020, to have "early-bird" access to trip openings, but will then share the MBS Facebook post to other groups that will likely increase the registration.

As a reminder, MBS membership is not required, and there is no fee associated with the 2020 Fall Meeting (with the exception of the pelagic field trip), but donations are much appreciated. If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) or Dana Ripper ([log in to unmask]).

A quick link to the MBS registration form is: https://mobirds.org/ASM/NextMeeting.aspx
Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Tommy J. Goodwin Jr., M.S., P.E.
Missouri Birding Society - Treasurer
St. Charles, MO
(417)241-9189

MBS Fall Meeting: Sep 25 - Oct 10, 2020 Statewide Details and Online Registration