Thanks to Chris for finding the Sanderling and to Jane for her helpful update. As I arrived at the boat ramp well after 1pm today, I thought the bird had surely flown, since Binder Lake was as busy as I’ve ever seen it. But I was wrong. The Sanderling was feeding within five feet of a family fishing on the shore and then flew to the nearby dock, which it shared with another set of fishing enthusiasts. Others had noticed the bird and were being respectful. One guy was taking a video of the bird on his phone.

Checklist with photos:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S73840099

Good birding everyone,
Pete