From: "kristen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Bill Eddleman" <[log in to unmask]>, "Dana Ripper" <[log in to unmask]>, "Philip Wire" <[log in to unmask]>, "Tommy Goodwin" <[log in to unmask]>, "Allen Gathman" <[log in to unmask]>, "edgew" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 12:43:27 PM
Subject: Big Muddy Thank You for Supporting Watershed Expeditions at Home

Dear Missouri Birding Society,

Missouri River Relief and I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of our river loving hearts for supporting our Summer “Watershed Expeditions at Home” program. This program was a combination of Camp in a Box and Virtual Camp that brought the fun of a camp to family’s homes! This balanced approach promoted creative thinking and outdoor activities that campers did from home. Because of your support, 61 campers received four weeks of Camp in Box activities and participated in four Virtual Camp sessions.

This has been an especially challenging summer for many families, and the importance of your support for students to have these types of experience cannot be understated. Because of you, we were able to show up in the lives of many families when they needed us most.

Below is what one family shared after their first week of camp.

“My granddaughter called me to tell me how much she loves the program.  She never calls.  She was mega-excited and her parents were delighted with Camp Day #1.  Her parents and both sisters (8 year old and 4 year old) went through the activities with her and the 8 year-old kid with learning challenges, who feels school just is not for her, won the family contest to float the boat.  As a longtime high school science teacher, I had students with varying backgrounds coming to my classes.  If I had been able to advise their parents and previous teachers on how to prepare a kid for chemistry, my request would have been to give the kids a positive attitude toward science.  Thanks for a varied, fun, and high-quality summer program that so far hits all the right science for 10 year-olds.”

-Watershed Expeditions Grandma

We have uploaded photos to our Flickr page for you to view. We have also created a blog post that you can read here summarizing the virtual experience. We hope that by reviewing these materials, you get a visual of the impact of this program.

In addition, here is a list of the organizations and individuals that came together to make this program possible:

·                     Chris Eller

·                     Laura Wright

·                     Lara Landrum

·                     Melanie Knocke

·                     Rob Nix

·                     Brad Hanson

·                     Holly Hughes

·                     Lara Waldo-Semken

·                     Missouri Birding Society

·                     Living Lands and Waters

·                     Watershed Cairns

·                     AmeriCorps VISTA

·                     Missouri Department of Conservation

·                     Scott Mansker, River Miles (MR340)

·                     BluePrint4Summer, The Clark-Fox Family Foundation

·                     Francis R Dewing Foundation

Again, thank you for your support and I look forward to working together to provide students with similar experiences in the future.

Cheers,

Kristen Schulte

Education Director

Missouri River Relief

Office 573-443-0292

Mobile 636-288-5570

[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]" width="119" height="68" border="0">