I had two Blackburnian warblers Aug. 18 at Marais Temps Clair. One male and one female. You described it perfectly.

Michele Wells

https://ebird.org/checklist/S72541186

On Aug 29, 2020, at 10:12 AM, Bill Eddleman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Keeping in mind that are probably a number of newcomers to this list, I wanted to point out the most reliable sources for bird species occurrence for Missouri. Bird distributions are changing all the time, but there is also consistency for most species.

There are a number of published sources that profess to be specific to Missouri. Some of these are "boilerplate" collections that just pick out (mostly) common species for the state. Other birders may get their information from ebird, and while it is constantly improving, ebird is very dependent on observer distribution and effort. There are good local sources from the many birding/nature groups in the state, but the two best statewide sources are Mark Robbins ebook, which Margy pointed out, and which can be downloaded at: The Status and Distribution of Birds in Missouri

The other is the Missouri Bird Records Committee's annotated checklist: https://mobirds.org/Birds/MOChecklist.aspx

Mark's book gives far more detail, especially a summary of records, and the checklist is more up-to-date on status of Missouri's birds. Mark will be periodically updating the book, since the online format allows that better than a printed version.

I encourage others to post about local reliable sources on species status for various areas of the state.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau