Sarah and I birded Hwy 79 for about a six hour tour today. Some observations and highlights below.

-We checked all the usual spots Along the way and found almost no shorebird habitat at all. Farmers obviously had a good year and planted everywhere.
-Had a goodly number of Sedge Wrens along different tracks at BK Leach.
-Swamp milkweed is at peak Bloom and is in greater abundance than I’ve ever seen.
-The highlight of the day was ~2500 Bank Swallows that we found in about six different groups
-pickings were very slim and we really had to hunt.

Bill Duncan
St Louis Co

Sent from my iPhone