Thanks, Bob, for alerting us to this excellent piece.  I learned a lot about Bewick's Wrens and song.  And, Chrissy's comments are pure Chrissy--wonderful examples of her connection with the natural world and the gift of ability to express and share that connection.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

From: "Bob Bailey" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MOBIRDS-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 8:31:04 AM
Subject: No sighting- Bewicks Wren may unlock a secret about birdsongs

This article appears on the front page of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch with some nice quotes from local birder, Chrissie McClarren.

https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/bewicks-wrens-may-unlock-a-secret-about-song-they-sing-more-around-other-wrens/article_8be992cc-8d2c-59b0-bcea-225ab3dd618a.html

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO