Thanks, Bob, for alerting us to this excellent piece. I learned a lot about Bewick's Wrens and song. And, Chrissy's comments are pure Chrissy--wonderful examples of her connection with the natural world and the gift of ability to express and share that connection.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

From: "Bob Bailey" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MOBIRDS-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 8:31:04 AM
Subject: No sighting- Bewicks Wren may unlock a secret about birdsongs

This article appears on the front page of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch with some nice quotes from local birder, Chrissie McClarren.

[ https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/bewicks-wrens-may-unlock-a-secret-about-song-they-sing-more-around-other-wrens/article_8be992cc-8d2c-59b0-bcea-225ab3dd618a.html | https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/bewicks-wrens-may-unlock-a-secret-about-song-they-sing-more-around-other-wrens/article_8be992cc-8d2c-59b0-bcea-225ab3dd618a.html ]

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO

[ https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html | Archives ] / [ https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1 | Subscription options ] / [ http://mobirds.org/ | ASM Website ] / [ mailto:[log in to unmask] | Email the list owners ]

[ http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html | ABA Birding Code of Ethics ]

CANCELED - MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO - CANCELED [ http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx |  Details and Online Registration ]