A few years ago I checked with the Ohio U IT folks about taking over a McLuhan listserv and at that time they were very positive about doing it. Happily Peter Montgomery beat me to the punch. I don't know if it would be the same response from Ohio U today as since then I am retired; and also am among those approaching 80, tho I have a few years of approaching to do. The fact of the pandemic and the economic stress it has engendered might also be a factor in an IT staff's taking or not taking on an "elective" project.

Since Rick mentioned it, I looked up the difference between listservs and forums. An article here            ( https://blog.higherlogic.com/2011/03/15/online-community-smackdown-forums-vs-listservs ) suggests both are possible. It seems to me the listserv might better serve the open, unmoderated nature of the current listserv; forums appear to be for more tightly controlled, or perhaps just more specialized groups. What do you think, Rick or Tim or et al?

Anyhow, just to say I did, I will check again with the Ohio U staff, but ideally a younger person connected with a university would be better placed for the job should the need arise. And not asking for myself, but a question for Tim: does a university have to be involved?

Ken A