Usually we have a couple pair of Western Kingbirds nesting on utility poles in Kearney, but so far I haven't heard or seen any. But today at Wal Mart in Excelsior Springs I heard and saw one WEKI calling and flying in the parking lot. They are probably nesting on one of the parking lot lighting structures. So nice to hear their calls!

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.