Passing along a sighting by Jim Rathert.
On the evening of June 28th Jim had very good looks of an adult male Painted Bunting in Jefferson City, MO on Missouri Blvd. (this is the eBird Hot Spot location "Stakeout Painted Bunting, Missouri Blvd".) The site is at the back of the parking lot area of Riley Automotive on Missouri Blvd. Jim watched the bird at a small tree near the rock pile at the back of the parking lot.
     Just a reminder: This particular Hot Spot is more fully occupied by businesses now than it was last summer, so we should all certainly take care to be considerate of them as we bird!
    If you have questions Jim may be contacted at: [log in to unmask] .
Steve and Regina Garr
Cole County
Jefferson City