From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Yahoo!
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CACHE final report for 2019-2020

Mobirders,

The final report for the CACHE program agreement period of 2019-2020 has been submitted.  You may obtain a copy by request to [log in to unmask].

This report summarizes the activities of members of the Missouri Birding Society in fulfillment of the agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation to provide bird occurrence data and other informational and educational services to the people of Missouri.

Funds received for these services are used by MBS to support partnerships in habitat projects and bird-related education activities, especially for young people.

I draw your attention to the birders of southeast Missouri whose commitment to fulfilling the agreement with multiple bird survey visits far outshines the efforts of birders in other parts of the state by a large margin.  Thank you, southeast Missouri birders, BRAVO!

If you are not a member of MBS (formerly the Audubon Society of Missouri) please consider joining this 119 year-old organization.  To join, see the MBS home page at ttps://mobirds.org/.  For $20 annual dues you will be supporting activities such as:

This MOBIRDS listserv, available to anyone  by free subscription;

A wealth of bird-related information developed by MBS members at https://mobirds.org/ available to the general public without logging in.  Among the available items are The Bluebird quarterly journal and Birders' Guides to Missouri public lands;

The MBS birding Facebook page;

Birding workshops (identification and birding skills);

The Missouri Young Birders Club, a statewide group connecting young birders;

GLADE, a week-long summer camp experience for high school students interested in conservation, with an emphasis on birds;

Missouri River Academy, a summer camp experience for students to learn about the Missouri River, conservation and birds;

MBS participation as a partner in more than 50 grant supported conservation and education projects.

There aren't many ways to spend $20 to support your birding lifestyle that benefit birds and birders to such an extent.

Edge Wade

MBS Conservation Partnership Coordinator