Dear MoBirders,

The Missouri River Bird Observatory, Missouri River Relief, Stream Teams United and Johnson County Community College are hosting a free virtual screening of the movie The Story of Plastic and a follow-up panel discussion.  You can view the movie any time on your own and then register to attend the discussion which we are holding Tuesday, June 16th at 5:30 p.m.

As birders we’ve all seen plastic polluting the habitats we explore in search of birds and other wildlife.  You might have even seen the photos of albatrosses feeding bits of plastic to their young on uninhabited islands, or the not-very-pleasant pic of a dead seabird with a stomach full of plastic. The Story of Plastic explains the whole chain of events, from production to eventual disposal, that has led to the global plastic problem.  I can’t say enough about how thought-provoking and eye-opening I found this movie.  While I’d not consider it a mood-lifter, it is inspiring and empowering for those devoted to conservation.

Since I don’t believe I can post attachments to MoBirds, here are links:
A document with more info: https://mrbo.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/StoryofPlastic_ad.pdf <https://mrbo.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/StoryofPlastic_ad.pdf>
Registration for the screening: https://forms.gle/qoA5nrqrptohCmpn6 <https://forms.gle/qoA5nrqrptohCmpn6>

Regards,
Dana

Dana Ripper
Director
Missouri River Bird Observatory
www.mrbo.org
660.837.3888

Que pensiez-vous qu’il allait se passer?