I was emailed years ago by eBird to not include our camp & workshop group lists in the top 100. To encourage the students to create their own if they wanted to see their names independent. So what makes this any different?

Keeping Group Accounts in eBird

Checklist sharing can also be a useful way to aggregate eBird checklists on "eBird group accounts." This can be helpful if you want to track the collaborative accomplishments of your local birding club or monitoring group in eBird.

Everyone contributing to a group account should ALWAYS:

  1. have individual personal accounts
  2. upload media to checklists from their own personal accounts
  3. share their checklists *to* the group account; never create a checklist using the group account

Important: make sure that the account administrator opts the group account out of the Top 100. Those totals should reflect the accomplishments of individual birders only.

Sent from my iPhone