We would like to once again encourage anyone who wants to contribute to the Green Missouri Collective Big Year to do so at anytime this year.   Contribute one report, ten reports, a hundred.  Got an old report from earlier in the year that you think is 'green?' Please contribute it.

There are no rules, except that you consider your birding outing 'green' to you.

Below are some birds we have not had added to the collective list yet.  If you have one of these species in your backyard, nearby park, field, or within what seems a green distance to you, we'd love you to contribute a report on them.

Here's what we don't have yet for the year:

1. Dickcissels
2. Bobolinks
3. Shorebirds - we only have killdeer, solitary and spotted sandpiper
4. Swan species
5. Greater White-fronted Goose
6. Loons
7. Most duck species
8. Northern Bobwhite
9. Most gull and tern species
10.  American or Least Bittern
11. Sandhill Crane
12. Swainson's Hawk
13. Common Gallinule
14. Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
15. Most owls - we only have Barred and Great Horned
16. Crested Caracara - (Just seeing if you are paying attention)
17. Lark, Savannnah, Leconte's, Nelson's, Henslow's, and Grasshopper Sparrows
18. Spotted Towhee

and many others, but that's a start.  :)

Thanks again,

Andy Reago