I enjoyed some nice birds around St. Joe's oxbow lakes today. Most were previously reported by Tom Nagel and Terry McNeely. Among them: 2 Least bitterns at the W end of Lake Contrary. One bird was perched at the edge of the reeds catching small fish from the channel. Muskrat lake had 40+ Cattle egrets, 2 White-faced Ibises, and a male Northern Shoveler.
The major surprise was a Neotropic Cormorant on top of one of the willows at Horseshoe Lake. The light was pretty bad along with heat waves, but pictures I've taken clearly show a pointed gape with a border of white feathers. A cute Green Heron was pretending to be a rock, standing frozen near the shoreline.
Later,
Peter

--
Peter Kondrashov