Call for 2020 Spring Seasonal Report Submissions (1 Mar through 31 May)!

To all who bird in Missouri:  This Spring's season has concluded, and it is time to send your observations for inclusion in the Spring Seasonal Bluebird report. Thank you to those who have already sent reports!

Which data are meaningful and why:

Seasonal reports highlight the most notable records in the context of all MO records. New high, earliest, or latest counts and observations are scientifically meaningful because these update our spring records, and inform ABA’s North American Birds (NAB) Reports. It is important that what is published for Missouri is scientifically robust in a regional, continental, and global context.

Method of data submission:

Please email or send your spring observations by USPS or email, and attach high quality images if you have them! These observations are combined with eBird submissions before iterative sorting and resorting to reveal significant highlights. Each submission is evaluated without bias for submission method. Submissions for uncommon and rare species may not be included unless a trend or something spectacular is revealed. An exception is made for declining species or species of concern.

If you have questions about species seasonal status, abundance, and or distribution, please email or call me. If you submit checklists to eBird including comments and images, it is not necessary to send anything additional. Information submitted to eBird using a pseudonym or anonymously will not be included in the Spring Report.

Thank you, and I look forward to receiving your observations, due June 25!

Lisa Berger

1947 South Kings Avenue

Springfield, MO 65807

417-860-9108