I've had squirrel, raccoon and possum dining on my deck for years.  The only solution, if one wants to continue feeding jelly, suet and hummingbird water is to take the feeders in each night.  Tedious, but effective.
Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

From: "Anita" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "MOBIRDS-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:46:55 AM
Subject: Re: No Sighting but oriole related.

I have glass jelly containers for my orioles in both the front and back yards.  Last week, the back yard oriole feeder went missing ... I found it, refilled it and put it back.  Next day, missing.  Repeat.  After 3 days of looking for the feeder, I gave up <g> and took it down.  I'm guessing raccoons as well, but don't know.  The feeder has been up for years and never has been bothered... so.  I'll wait a few more days and try again, because I want to make sure the oriole parents bring the babies to the feeders to learn where they are before migrating off.  I've had orioles for many years and really enjoy watching the parents feed the young birds where the good food is.

Anita Heckenbach
Clay County, Excelsior Springs, MO