I normally quit feeding my birds shortly after the Global Big Day but the birds are still hitting my feeders hard and I still have food so I figured I would just feed them until the food runs out.  I have been doing alot of landscaping in my yard so I have ‘unearthed” a crazy amount of worms.  The Robins have been hanging around me when I work in the yard and quickly moving in to snatch worms when they feel safe to do so.  On another note, I have never seen a Blue Jay eat a worm but one of my Jays stole a worm from a Robin yesterday.  I have seen blue jays chase and eat flying insects but i’ve never seen them grab a worm.

Lisa Saffell, St. Louis County