I engaged in "outdoor activity" while wearing binoculars and tick repellant today, and it felt wonderful to be outside. Weldon Spring's Lost Valley Trail had a nice group of migrants including Louisiana Waterthrush, Northern Parula,  Black- and-white Warblers and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.

I hadn't been to Columbia Bottom CA since the CBC on January 1st, so it was a joy to return this afternoon without hand-warmers! Highlights include one coyote, a few singing Eastern Meadowlarks and very distant Black-necked Stilts. Checklists with mediocre photos are on Ebird.

Diane Bricmont
STL CO