I have not be able to find the actual text of the Missouri Stay at Home order so far.  As far as I can determine based on the reports in the news, outdoor exercise (with social distancing) is considered an essential activity.  On that basis, bird watching as exercise would be permitted.  Whether it is a good idea is another question altogether.  I certainly would avoid any places with large numbers of people.  I have not decided what I am going to do.  It depends at least in part on how long this goes on.  I do need to get some exercise (doctor’s orders) sooner or later.  Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions within the law and personal attacks on other people are not acceptable.  However, holier than thou preaching is not acceptable either, so  let everyone we civil and let us try to get through this together.

David Becher

Saint Louis