This evening I took some beginners to view the blackbird roost - they were enthralled by the spectacle. There was one leucistic bird that I don't believe has been reported before - easily seen by all as it swirled with the masses and finally settled in the grasses.  A Coopers Hawk spent 10-15 minutes working the flocks. 5 red-tailed hawks ringed the valley.

Woodcocks started displaying about 6:15; 2 flew right in front of us - think I heard at least 10 peenting and displaying. Heard both GH and Barred owls.  Lots of spring peepers calling. Wonderful evening.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County

MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO Details and Online Registration