Last evening, Wed. eight birders were treated to the blackbird roost spectacle of nature.  Whoever estimated 2 million - seems like that would be in the neighborhood of being right. Amazing sights and sounds.
We also had the Woodcocks penting, immature Bald Eagle, Barred and Great Horned Owls calling.

As an aside, the field of Miscanthus Grass is really interesting stuff, biomass crop with lots of potential. Also makes such nice contrast with the blackbirds perching on the golden grass.

So glad I made the effort to go - for location, look on the ebird Boone County BlackBird Roost Hotspot, click on the map, you get the GPS coordinates and they take you to the exact spot. Nice.

Ev Luecke
St. Charles, MO.