All,

I wanted to update everyone on HJR 100 (the JCAR bill). During the hearing last week there were over 50 people packed into the room for that bill.  All were in opposition.  None in favor. Today HJR 100  was voted out of committee today 6-3.  Reps Carpenter, Merideth, and Veit voted no.  Chappelle-Nadal was absent. I can let you know when this makes it's way to the floor.

The morning after the hearing last week Rep. Ross moved to zero out line items for Share the Harvest (hunters donate deer to feed needy Missouri families) and Operation Game Thief (poaching reporting and possible reward- includes non-game species poaching).  If you would like to weigh in on these programs I have pasted the emails of the House Budget Committee below along with some recent press coverage.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me off list.

Mary Nemecek
KCMO

media coverage:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/tony-messenger/messenger-legislative-temper-tantrum-takes-aim-at-department-of-conservation/article_be796d97-462a-50d3-b8ed-eec0e6f37e87.html?fbclid=IwAR3KsYgyiYFrm4cFTegASItQFj77NveZCTcd0h9zPILSnwIHHdrZFyEmEXQ#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

https://www.columbiatribune.com/news/20200301/state-lawmaker-seeks-to-erase-mdcs-share-harvest-funding?fbclid=IwAR1YDEpXu-T04Vehv8Wm209uRoeQDCSbGyw7OyOtsGOr6v3lHc5Rp89AXZ4

Budget committee email list:

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/