The NSHR at the Zell tract on the west part of Pershing SP. is still there. I observed it this morning perched in a small tree just down from the shoulder on the south side of Hyw 36. It was just east of the gravel road that goes south up to the Big Red Barn. It was also counted on the Swan Lake CBC on Jan. 1st.

I ran on down to Swan Lake NWR where there is a nice variety of Waterfowl viewable from the main entrance levee. Had 15 different species, plus a Pied-billed Grebe. Very unusual number for this time of year in North Missouri! Lots of Trumpeter Swans around and a few Tundra Swans. Good numbers of Bald Eagles as usual, and around 100,000 Snow Geese though they are mostly staying on Silver Lake out of public view, unless flying over or out feeding in the fields.

Good time to be out roaming around
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

MBS Spring Meeting: May 1-3, 2020 in Cape Girardeau, MO Details and Online Registration