Hello Missouri Birders: Happy New Year!

After reading the most recent Bluebird issue, particularly the discussion
from Allen Gathman regarding his conversation with David Easterla about
Missouri Life Lists.  Well, I realized many individuals of you may not be
aware that various Missouri Lists totals are maintained on the Audubon
Society of Missouri website.  See here:
http://www.mobirds.org/Birds/Listing.aspx

At same time, I have been slacking and I realize it has been a long time
since I have reached out for updates, much less updated these lists..  I am
guessing at least 2 years...  but probably longer.  So, I am writing to
remind everyone, or possibly make a few of your aware for the first time,
that the ASM website has many opportunities for archiving and sharing your
Missouri list totals.   Some of the categories are:  Missouri Life List, Big
Days, Site Lists, Yard Lists, and Total Number of Species Photographed.
Also, St. Louis Area birders - Be sure to check out the St. Louis Circle
annual list totals.

I have heard rumors of some individuals wanting to pursue county big years
in 2020.  Awesome!  Considering this was not a category I previously
maintained, please send me your numbers if you kept a county big year total
in the past to set the bar for those hoping to set a new total.

As always, anyone can have their list total(s) added or updated at any time
(free of charge to all, members/nonmembers) - Just send your numbers
directly to me, Josh Uffman at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Until I update them (by late February), please take a look for yourself at
the link above on the ASM website, and if you have any questions, or would
like your total added or updated, just e-mail me.

Best of Birding in 2020!

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, MO