Yup, “old TSE” as you say Pete.

Regards,
 CR

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 5:23 AM David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sorry, last one sent in error before proper completion: meant to say that an interview with  Frances Dickey was broadcast on UK radio Five Live late last night. From memory, ( it was early hours of morning so it’s dimmer than usual) Frances said she'd only been able to scratch the surface of the stacks and stacks available but outlined the circumstances and chronology of the relationship via some of the letters, mentioning that Emily had grown fond of TSE from a cool beginning until things became mutually very loving indeed by about the 1930s going by some of Eliot's ardent letters (Emily’s to Eliot of course not surviving.) And  that some letters Frances had already read provided unequivocal proof  that Emily had definitely  been the Waste Land’s Hyacinth Girl and the inspiration for ‘Burnt Norton’.....

Sorry I was half asleep and that’s best I can recall - didn’t even catch at the beginning that it was Frances being interviewed or I’d have tried to pay more attention.

Sent from my iPad