The sequence is resumed in ‘Ash-Wednesday’:

Because I know that time is always time
And place is always and only place
And what is actual is actual only for one time
And only for one place
I rejoice that things are as they are and
I renounce the blessèd face
And renounce the voice
Because I cannot hope to turn again
Consequently I rejoice, having to construct something
Upon which to rejoice

The salutation ‘Lady’ (“Lady, three white leopards . . .”) is taken up in
Eliot’s letters to Hale, as we discover now.

She is his “Rose of memory”:

The single Rose
Is now the Garden
Where all loves end