Well, one should be wary of throwing away the baby with the bath water.

CR

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:07 PM Peter Dillane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
That’s it I’m throwing out my copy of Byron

cheers Pete

On 8 Jan 2020, at 7:04 am, Materer, Timothy J. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Pretending that the misogyny that led Eliot and Lowell and Hughes to diminish and erase the women in their lives can be distilled away from their poetry assures the endurance of misogyny in the verse of the future. Bad men, abusive men, selfish men, it must be admitted, cannot be great poets, deserving of reward and reverence, their sins washed away by rhyme and unreason.