Hello Pete,

I haven't been following the Hale and letters threads as closely as
maybe I should have, having just started this morning to look at some of
the pages for which CR and Rickard have provided links. And I'm not sure
I've fully comprehended your definition of sex as seen from a certain
Democratic angle, or which Eliot statement you refer to, but am
wondering if it comports with the Guardian Jan. 2 quote from Hale: “We
were congenial in so many of our interests, our reactions, and emotional
response to each others’ needs – the happiness, the quiet deep bonds
between us and our lives, very rich ... And the more because we kept the
relationship on an honourable, to be respected, plane.” That last does
sound as if it might have morphed into the beginning of "Burnt Norton."

Thanks,
Ken A